September 19, 2020
Family and Friends:
It has been a while since we updated this page regarding how our church is dealing with the Covid-19 outbreak and the various guidelines and restrictions under which we operate these days. We are grateful for the way our congregation has adapted to circumstances and procedures that are not what any of us would choose--and which can be inconvenient and even disappointing. Our people may have diverse views about the best way to approach these issues, but have lovingly given priority to the well-being and concerns of others. In all things we have sought to model Paul's counsel to the Philippian church as they faced tough times:
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
We continue to meet in-person and via Facebook on Sundays at 10:00, and continue to observe these procedures to maximize the safety of all who participate here on our campus:
- If you are a high-risk individual or not comfortable in gathering together, please stay home with our blessing and worship through our livestream or worship in the Safe Area at the CAC.
- If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please stay home and worship online.
- If you attend in person, we ask that you remain masked and socially distant while entering and exiting the building, that you sit as households at least 6 feet from other households, and that you remain masked if you sing in worship.
- Refrain from handshakes, hugs, or being in close proximity to others.
- If our attendance reaches allowable capacity, late arrivers will need to go to the Safe Area or return home and worship via livestream (if this becomes an issue, we will explore multiple services or other solutions).
We continue to explore safe timing and procedures to restart other in-person activities, and will keep our congregation informed through our weekly mailouts and Facebook page. If you would like to receive those mailouts, contact the church office at 270-274-7174.