May 18th, 2020
Family and Friends:
Since we last posted information here much has changed in our world, our community, and in our church. Thank you for continuing to pray for one another as we navigate this unchartered territory for all of us.
Here is what our church is doing at the present and plans to do in the near future--always subject to change as the situation evolves and as we seek God's guidance.
Our livestream of worship will be continue to be available on Facebook live at the usual time of 10:00 AM on Sunday and as a post on our Facebook page anytime after that.
THERE IS A LINK TO THE FACEBOOK PAGE ABOVE--YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO VIEW THE PAGE AND THE LIVESTREAM.
If you need assistance in viewing on Facebook, call the office for guidance during regular office hours. A video and audio recording will also be posted on the church website,
and the previous Sunday's worship may be heard on WKMZ 99.9 at 9:00 each Sunday morning.
At this time, we plan to resume in-person worship on Sunday, June 7th.
Here is the plan during this phase--which may also change as circumstances warrant:
One service at 10:00 in the sanctuary, with streaming available in an overflow area in the fellowship hall and a special safe area in the CAC.
No Sunday School or in-service child care.
Seating available in every other pew, and households will be seated 6 feet apart.
Entry and exit will be controlled and monitored to insure physical distancing.
Bathrooms available for emergencies only.
Secure boxes to receive offerings will be available at entrances; no plates passed
No welcome time.
Masks recommended; required for those who sing in the congregation.
We know this will not be the worship experience we are used to or would prefer--but we believe God is bigger than our limitations and we can experience being close to Him and to each other despite these restrictions. We also know that some should delay being part of large groups for their own or their family's health, and we encourage all of you to act with wisdom and care.
Thank you for continuing to . . .
- Pray for our church, community, and world as we face this unprecedented situation.
- Live in the truth that God is our refuge and strength—a help in time of trouble.
- Keep informed from reliable sources and give no weight to rumors or speculation.
- Check our website or facebook page to keep informed about church events.
- Seek opportunities to give and minister to those in need.
- Faithfully give by mail, online, or in person--your gratitude and obedience have been expressed so consistently and are such a testimony to your love for Christ and His church.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call, email, or text us.
Your Church Leadership